Print
Bookmark and Share
Home » About » History
History

Ahoskie was incorporated in 1893.

As early as 1719 the town was known by the Indian name of Ahotskey, which was adopted by the white settlers. The English spelled the name in many ways after articulation of the unwritten Indian sound, and in 1894 with the coming of the railroad and the post office, the name was spelled Ahoskie.